Monthly Archives: September 2013

Rate-limiting, REST Hooks, and the API

Thoughts In a bit of a change of mind, I’ve decided now that an API is an abuse control measure, not an abuse-enabling method.  This bodes well for delivery of the API with the first release of the re-written TightURL. … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Anti-abuse progress/plugins

Since last update, I’ve been working on the anti-abuse system in TightURL.  Or more accurately, stripping it out of TightURL, and then adding it back in as plugins. As a result of this kind of work, I’ve also started adding … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment

DNSBLs

It hadn’t seemed important when TightURL was developed, and thus support for DNSBLs had never been added until now.    DNSBL checking is a great deal simpler than URIBL checking is, so adding support for these is actually a subset of … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment

URIBLs [updated]

Haven’t done much since I last updated here.  Sat down to look at the code though, and I’ve pretty well decided how URIBLs will be handled going forward. I had said here a few dsays ago that you’d be able … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , | Leave a comment